Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR310B No down pressure on lift cylinders

Doug580l ยท 2021-06-21 09:05

Wondering if I'm doing something wrong but I cannot get any down pressure from the lift cylinders. I can easily raise the machine with the tilt cylinders and everything else seems to be fine with the hydraulics. Anything I should be checking before I call the dealer? I'm over 60 miles away from the dealer and don't have a way to get the machine there. I did notice a couple weeks ago that I needed to have the machine at almost full throttle to get the down pressure, yesterday it did nothing at full throttle. Thanks, Doug

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2021-06-21 09:49

    Put the machine in park. Switch the EH controls to the slowest response and back to the fastest one (or whichever you typically run it on). Then take the machine out of park and run it. Also make sure you don't have the aux. hyd. toggle locked on. Post back if that clears it.

  2. #2Doug580l2021-06-21 10:26

    Appreciate the help KSSS, I normally run the machine in the slowest setting. I did what you said and found that the down pressure works only when in the fastest setting. I tried multiple times and in the slow and medium settings I have no down pressure but I always do in the fastest setting. What does this mean? Also, don't know if it matters but after starting the machine and letting it warm up a little, then raising the rpm to full throttle the down pressure worked, slowly 1 time in the slow setting and then nothing after that.

  3. #3KSSS2021-06-21 10:44

    Check your pm