Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR320 Aux problem

tomo ยท 2016-04-17 23:35

I'm working on a Case TR320 with mechanical hydraulic and proportional aux. The aux circuit quits intermittently . I tested all the wiring through the joysticks to the main harness and all the wires have good continuity. I tested the voltage thru the switch and had proper power, ground ,and variable. I made a in line jumper to connect to one of the aux solenoids so I can sit in the cab and run the machine. When it is working I get 12 volts then at once you hit nutral and nothing in either direction . There is a pwm module in the circuit that I think is the problem. Both solenoids die when this happens. You can reset the hydraulics by pushing the operate button off then on or raise the lap bar and reactivate the hydraulics and it will work again. Has anyone ran across this problem? Are these modules know to go bad? Side note: some of the connections had water in them so I took all of them apart and blew them out with air and put dielectric grease in them . The machine was used to push snow. Thanks for any help...

Replies2
  1. #1GaryHoff2016-04-18 01:40

    Its the same proportional hydraulics module that they used in the 400 series 3 machines, and I have had very few problems with the module. The module will shut off things if it detects a short/open. What I have had problems with is the joystick wires breaking. The wires usually have good continuity, but sometimes you can find their bad spot, and sometimes you can't. I have also had a lot of grounding problems. I would make sure that all your grounds are clean. Also check your ground fuses (if it has them). They will be under a cap inline in the harness, at the rear left of the machine.

  2. #2KSSS2016-04-18 03:04

    Mine did the same thing. I replaced the handle and it went has not came back.