Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TR320 No Start

JNB ยท 2016-04-26 20:04

Pushing into a pile today my Case shut off. Cranks fine, but still no start. Filters are new and it was running fine. With the power button on, I have no power to the post on the fuel solenoid shut off and no power to the electric fuel pump. Is there a relay or fuseable link the solenoid is hooked to? It's an E/H machine if that matters.

Replies13
  1. #1HRPServicesTX2016-04-26 21:09

    You have a pre filter for the fuel on the machine? I had an issue only 1 time on mine. It didn't shut the machine off but it knocked it under normal idle speed when the throttle was all the way up. It sucked up a big thing of sludge from the tank and it just wrapped around the entire pre filter just starved the engine real fast.

  2. #2JNB2016-04-26 22:00

    Yeah, both filters are new. No power at the fuel solenoid is a for sure no start. I spent the last hour and a half going over schematics, tracing the fuel solenoid line back to the alternator and all the way back to the instrument cluster (#19 whatever that means.) If we live through the storms tonite I'll start tracing it on the machine and see what I find.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-04-27 05:50

    IF she's in a spot where you have to move her,, just hot wire the sol. and lift pump off the battery..

  4. #4JNB2016-04-27 08:56

    Thanks for the hot wire suggestion. I'll give that a try today and see if I can get it on the trailer.

  5. #5HRPServicesTX2016-04-27 10:39

    I'm interested in hearing what the issue was when you find it. I hate chasing electrical problems...so time consuming.

  6. #6JNB2016-04-27 17:58

    Turns out the "instrument cluster" is a fuse. Replaced it and it started right away. It's gotta be shorting out somewhere though. I ended up working the rest of the day with a pocket full of fuses.

  7. #7HRPServicesTX2016-04-27 21:36

    Well at least it was an easy fix...and cheap, other than your time. That's good. You don't need anything else on that machine you have to dump a fortune into lol.

  8. #8JNB2016-04-30 22:15

    It kept blowing fuse after fuse, so I rented an SVL75 and finished the job. From what I've been able to find, the fuel shutoff solenoid is a 2-stage deal. If the first stage doesn't bottom out it'll blow the fuse. I'll order up a solenoid on Monday, bit that's probably about it for my relationship with Case.

  9. #9rondig2016-05-01 19:37

    my new holland has a red white and black wire to it....mine turned out to be a bad ground (black wire)....wasn't pulling it in hard enough.....unfortunately i had to change the whole piece to find out....lucky for me it was covered.

  10. #10rondig2016-05-01 19:40

    i liked the svl75......but no high flow available was a problem....so i traded my old case for a new c227.....no problems so far...but the XT sure gave me a lot of grief but the dealer was always real good, so i bought another one lol.

  11. #11rondig2016-05-01 19:42

    completely off topic...i suck at computers and was wondering how you guys get your equipment list under your names?

  12. #12JNB2016-05-01 22:07

    Rondig - The main problem I have with the SVL75 is the lack of foot room. You can list your stuff in the "signature" section in your profile.

  13. #13pafarmer2016-05-04 05:55

    JNB, you get a new loader my friend ?