Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case tv 380

jd mad ยท 2024-03-15 17:15

my 2017 case tv 380 wont turn over occasionally,other times it starts right up.am i dealing with a seat sensor or saftey bar sensor?? any thoughts

Replies14
  1. #1Arny L2024-03-15 20:38

    You forgot a possible intermittent starter solenoid.

  2. #2jd mad2024-03-15 22:34

    Yeah, I forgot to mention that I Put a new starter and solenoid in it Initially, and that did not solve the problem.Just wondering if anybody's had a similar issue with those safety sensors. Thanks, Arny!

  3. #3KSSS2024-03-16 10:49

    It sounds to me like a grounding problem. When you sit in the sit does the console light up when it wont start?

  4. #4jd mad2024-03-16 11:50

    Yes sir, but if I jump up-and-down in the seat and raise and lower the bar a few times I can generally get it to start but it's really getting irritating. It's really sporadic, so it's hard to pattern the exact problem. Thanks, Dave

  5. #5jd mad2024-03-16 11:52

    I'm considering removing the seat and checking for any damage to the wires. I'm assuming there's also a sensor in the safety bar.

  6. #6Simon C2024-03-18 21:54

    I have worked quite a lot recently on same year and machine. The relay panel below the seat has the smallest relays out there. They tend to get loose connections in time. Remember that a 5 pin relay with one loose receiver pin will still feel normal pushing in the relay. I was able to tighten up a lot of the pins and problem solved. Have to look at the schematics to find out where you do and dont have power, Is yours an EH model? Simon C

  7. #7jd mad2024-03-18 22:38

    Hey, Simon! I'm not a mechanic, so I'm not sure how to tighten up the pins on the relay. Maybe you could give me some advice on that. I'm not sure about the EH model. It's a TV 380 with an enclosed cab. Thanks, Dave.

  8. #8jd mad2024-03-18 22:44
  9. #9Simon C2024-03-18 22:47

    I use a o-ring pick from snap on that has a small 45 degree bend on the end. With a good light I was able to pull up on one side of female pin receivers to make them tighter. I will have to look at schematic to see which relay could be the trouble. EH is the joysticks with only wires coming out of the botttom with no oil lines. I have 2 schematics for these machines as some are quite different from others. They may look the same, but have different wiring. Will try to get back to you tomorrow. Simon C

  10. #10jd mad2024-03-18 22:51

    I think it's only wires coming out, but I'll verify that in the morning. thanks for your help!

  11. #11jd mad2024-03-19 09:45
  12. #12KSSS2024-03-19 09:49

    On the lap bar, check the magnetic connection where the lap bar rests when it is down and clean it. There is a connector under the seat, I have had that wiring get damaged, check that. Your machine has the Enhanced High Flow system, thats cool. I doubt the issue is the wiring box under the seat for this issue. If you are bouncing up and down to get it to activate, likely the seat sensor, maybe the lap bar sensor as you speculated.

  13. #13Simon C2024-03-19 22:37

    KSSS could be correct on the lap bar switch. Just spent some time on the schematics and there is a crank relay that sends power to the starter. It is controlled by the instrument cluster that takes inputs from the seat switch and lap bar switch. The instrument power signal goes to the crank relay to pull the coil in the crank relay. If after checking the lap bar and seat switch , check the crank fuse which is #3 on my schematic and 25 amps. Just in case if loose. also check the crank relay which is in the Engine relay box in case it is loose on a connection. Your owners manual should show which one is the crank relay. These are inexpensive checks before throwing money at it. The relays are difficult to pull out and hard to test without breakout harness, just a heads up. And the connection on the one I fixed was loose enough to cause the fuse to blow. I will be off tomorrow, and could answer any more questions. hope it helps. Simon C

  14. #14jd mad2024-03-20 08:05

    Great info. I'll check it out today when I get home. Thank you guys!!