Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TV380 Intermittently Throws Code 4754

Ross0133 ยท 2023-02-21 08:59

I have a 2017 Case TV380 that will start and run good. All the functions seem to work as they should, and there are times where the machine will not throw a code at all. Other times the machine will throw code 4754 with an audible alarm and the red stop light on the dash, and throwing itself in park. Then after about 30 seconds to a minute of the machine being locked up the code will clear itself and everything will function as it should for awhile until it decides to do it all over again. From what I have found Code 4754 is " Right Swash Plate Angle Sensor- Command Does Not Match Swash Plate Angle". Would this be the correct meaning for that code? Also if that is correct it would lead me to believe that it is a faulty right swash plate angle sensor, but what would cause it to work sometimes and throw codes other times? Any help will be appreciated thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Balerman12024-03-09 09:51

    Did you figure this problem out yet?

  2. #2Simon C2024-03-09 23:02

    I have worked half a dozen times on the exact same machine. The relay panel below the seat has the smallest relays I have ever worked on. The last time I worked on it, it had no instrumentation panel on the right side. I found the relay that feeds it and started by carefully tightening up the receiver pins for the relay. Remember these stupid tiny pin relays have 5 pins . If only 1 is loose , you will never feel it while pushing in the relay. I tightened up the pin receivers and it has not died since. When the pin was a little loose, it would blow a 10 amp fuse after 2-3 minutes. It has not since I did it.. These machines shake way to much and the harnesses do not like it. Start at these relay receptacles and maybe the problem will disappear. New relays would of fixed nothing in my situation as they still would of been loose. No parts bought other than 2 ten amp fuses. I expect more problems similiar and will tackle the other relay bases. Simon C

  3. #3Ross01332024-03-12 08:24

    On that machine I took off my hydraulic filters and found a lot of bronze looking metal indicating a bad hydrostat pump

  4. #4Simon C2024-03-12 21:25

    Thanks for posting what you found. That will cost a few dollars to fix no doubt. How many hours was there at time of problem, and was the oil changed as per manual instructions? Just curious for the customer that I work on his unit. Simon C

  5. #5Ross01332024-03-13 16:35

    The machine had around 950 hours on it. I had not been around it all its life to know what kind of matinence schedule it had recieved.

  6. #6Old Doug2024-03-14 08:09

    My brother had one of those TV380s he had a lot of problems with it . I used it some and liked it but he finally got rid of it . Case did make some very good stuff at one time.