Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case TV380 – RH randomly cuts out

servicem ยท 2024-11-08 09:40

The company I work for currently has a '15 Case TV380 with about 2800 hours on the clock. They have it a state away cleaning up a lot that was sold off. The unit has been getting used daily to move equipment and over this past week they said the right side drive will suddenly stop working. They said it happens in reverse sometimes also. The mechanic said they can instantly get it moving again by bring it back to neutral and going in reverse for a few feet. Both drives/controls will work again but it's been getting more frequent. Sounds like it's only the RH controls or drive right now. This morning I told them to switch from ISO to H pattern and see if the problem transferred over to the left drive or the arm lift controls, but I haven't heard if that changed anything or not yet. They asked me to reach out to Case but all they said was it was hard without being able to look at the parameters. Could be in the movement of the joystick or maybe needs a calibration. They also mentioned possible drive motor issues. Is there anything common on these things or anything that might come to mind for them to check? Does anybody have a TV380 service manual they could thumb through? JAFTV380HFM411363

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2024-11-08 22:01

    I have worked on a TV 380 with a higher serial number LHM 434062 with electrical issues. Ended up being loose relay pin bases, that I tightened up and working fine since. Did a lot of service work on the unit, filters, oils, final drive oils, track derailed, battery changeout, cleanup. Not my favorite unit , but can be repaired. Find that they vibrate a lot and the harnesses do not like it. Have you taken excellent care of the little oil in the final drives. The unit I worked on had less than 900 hours. Maybe someone who has seen your exact problem will chime in. Simon C