Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case W20B Transmission Problem

myersabr ยท 2025-08-11 14:17

I have a Case W20B that seems as if it doesn't want to change gears in forward. Reverse seems to still work well. Engine is strong, hydraulics work well, strong air pressure. Any advice would be helpful.

Replies5
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-08-14 20:10

    Have you checked the trans pressures for the forward clutch? Also check the service brakes for binding up and not releasing all the way.

  2. #2myersabr2025-08-14 21:38

    I have not checked them, my brake pedal is also down when running but it has been like this for 2 years since I purchased it

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2025-08-14 21:46

    You know the brake system on this machine is air over hydraulic.

  4. #4myersabr2025-08-14 22:09

    Yes, it is seized and I have not yet fixed it, I just fixed all the air leaks

  5. #5myersabr2025-08-14 22:24

    Do you think this may be some of the issue? I have not owned a machine this large before so I am just getting into the repairs