recently on the net I saw an article that talked about the "CASE" brand and in particular about the articulated wheel loader: CASE W 26. if I'm not mistaken it was the first wheel loader model with an articulated frame. some user friend knows some details or news about this wheel loader model, there are no photos around. some peculiarities, some technical devices that the manufacturer has used to improve the performance and efficiency of the machine, thank you.
It was not even close to being the first articulated loader. Scoopmobile had that distinction. https://www.constructionequipment.com/first-articulated-wheel-loader
I worked on that thing! Despite that thing being big - you have to be a contortionist and break your back to work on it! Just really uncomfortable to work on. Have that stupid cable operated steering. At least later CNH pay loaders had links instead of cables! One thing I don’t understand - cherry pickers of that era and even earlier already had orbital valves for steering control. Why CNH got “stuck on stupid” yanking the cables or links with mechanical steering boxes - is beyond me!!!
Not trying to be a smart ***, but nobody had ever thought of CNH when the W26 was built, It was a J. I. Case product. Ford Tractor Operations was owned by Ford Motor Co. unrelated to Case at all, and New Holland was a minor manufacturer of hay implements. We didn't know what Fiat was.
Yeah! You are right! But I worked on IH 503A which is a lot newer, and that one still had the same steering set up, but with link rods.
BTW, if you know Case that good, tell me where the 88 series of agricultural tractors came from? Because it doesn’t look like other Case stuff.
And another BTW, in my mind I will not be keep track of the brands getting together, leaving, changing agreements and etc. Kobelco, LB/FMC, and other stuff - to me that bunch is a part of one long dragging sitcom!!! And if you look at their machines - they are more or less the same!
Do you mean a 530A IH loader? The W26 was the largest Case loader when it came out in 1968 with steering on the front section. The larger W36 came out in 1977. I think you might be mistaken on the steering using cables. There's a steering valve and cylinder section in the repair manual.
Yes, 530, I make a lot of mistakes typing fast.
sorry maybe I wrote some inaccuracies, in my part "CASE" is not a very common brand, just in fact I ask for additional information, thanks sorry fiat allis???
Case is fairly popular in other parts of the world. They were the most popular backhoe loaders for many years.
I ran one of these for 2 years. they had a w26 for a back up. one summer on a w18 as well. different jobs, seems like case was popular in our neighborhood. Air brakes if I remember, and the oil tank was also the air tank. so if you blew a line the air pressure would blow out all the oil.. I was always in **** with my boss.. the w26 would twist off the drive shaft all the time. We kept a spare and the boss made a jig to weld them back together (yokes)
Most of them had stupid air over hydraulic hybrid break systems! What they call the “break cluster” is a air break camera pushing on hydraulic break master cylinder, one circuit for a front axle and another for rear axle.
Not Fiat Allis. Fiat Allis came about when Fiat took an interest in Allis Chamers. J I Case manufactured these loaders along with dozers and excavators and is still separate from NHC
nowadays CNH Global has at least 4 divisions- Case Construction, Case IH Agriculture, New Holland Construction, and New Holland Agriculture
Is Kobelco and FMC/Link Belt still a parts of CNH Global these days?
in my area there are only a few 15 20 ton crawler excavators case case poclain, the rest are old fiat alliss fiat, kobelco fiat hitachi, new holland, caterpillar komatsu, old hanomag or volvo, some hitachi in the province, but all old machinery used old series of construction, with us little money and work for earthmoving machinery a black crisis.
i dunno, maybe somebody else here does