Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case W4 loaders

fendtman ยท 2008-11-28 18:37

looking at ads for smaller wheel loaders and ran across a case w4. anyone every use one, or see one, whats your thoughts on them.

Replies4
  1. #1stumpjumper832008-11-28 19:30

    I'm thinking that they were produced by a company called davis then case bought them out. The w-4, trenchers and something else came from them...

  2. #2excavator2008-11-29 00:15

    I just bought one this summer, it's pretty tired but at the time scrap was high enough I figured if it wasn't worth fixing I'd scrap it. It does look like it was made by Davis. They also made the same machine as a forklift. Go to the Case industrial website and go to the parts section. There they show both. The one I bought has a skidsteer quik tach on it so I plan on putting forks on that to use to move and load parts ect. Looks like it could be very handy to have around.

  3. #3fendtman2008-12-01 08:06

    how much can they lift what the lifting capacity and weight lifting ability.

  4. #4JimInOz2008-12-09 06:32

    W4 Half Yard Bucket capacity. 40HP Hydrostatic Drive system. Operating Weight...4568 LBs Am I right in thinking they had a Mitsubishi engine ...or did I just see an oddball W4.?? Maybe an S4E Mits engine ,same as in the BD2G dozers. ??