Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case winches

PatF10 ยท 2015-03-06 09:18

So I have a case 850 (no suffix) that I use on our farm and has been a great machine so far. I came across a case 1150 loader. Not sure if it has a suffix but the sheet metal/ frame looks similar from the pictures. The price is really low stating that it needs work. Im curious if the winch from the 1150 would fit my 850? It would be great to be able to add a winch to my 850. Not sure where to look to see about what models winches would change over from. Also the 1150 has rock guards and my 850 does not, would those fit as well?

Replies3
  1. #1Lawless2015-03-06 14:54

    What winch is it?

  2. #2PatF102015-03-06 19:34

    I can't tell for sure. It's on this loader. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/hvo/4872878621.html

  3. #3Lawless2015-03-06 21:00

    Looks like a carco winch. Good winches but I wouldnt buy the loader just for the winch unless you can confirm that it works. If I recall, there was a constant PTO and a non constant PTO on those case machines. I would figure if the mounting measures out the same and both case machines has the same PTO set up that it would in fact, interchange. I can't give you a definite yes or no though. Hopefully someone else will chime in and confirm. Pretty good asking price on that loader. You should be able to get it a little lower. If you do buy it, why not just leave the winch on the loader and use the loader when you need to winch?