dear technicians good evening I have an excavator CASE WX 185 in the displays shows an error 07041. this alarm in the manual does not appear. dont work nothing relationship to hydraulic movement to the excavator, Could someone please guide me on what is the problem from already thank you
7041 Oil Temperature Sensor Signal Abnormality This is one of the faults not listed in the manual. Probably a faulty sender.
hello garyhoff. thanks for your prompt reply. you're referring to R14 sensor located in the hydraulic oil reservoir? the sensor is type NTC? you know the values that should have ohm under normal conditions? thanks again best regards.
Yes, this is the sender in the hydraulic tank. See below for values chart: -30 °C (-22 °F) 25400 Ω -20 °C (-4 °F) 15040 Ω -10 °C (14 °F) 9160 Ω 0 °C (32 °F) 5740 Ω 10 °C (50 °F) 3700 Ω 20 °C (68 °F) 2450 Ω 30 °C (86 °F) 1660 Ω 40 °C (104 °F) 1150 Ω 50 °C (122 °F) 811 Ω 60 °C (140 °F) 584 Ω 70 °C (158 °F) 428 Ω 80 °C (176 °F) 318 Ω 90 °C (194 °F) 240 Ω 100 °C (212 °F) 184 Ω 110 °C (230 °F) 142 Ω 120 °C (248 °F) 111 Ω Need more information if this checks out. Is this a B or C series? B series will have the small monitor on the side, and C series will have the large color monitor in front right corner. I'm also assuming that your machine is not actually overheating. Compare the values to the chart using a temp gun.
Hello Yes, the machine is not working (its cold), I assume it's series B has a small screen of approx 4 ". Next week i will check the information you've provided me. and let you know how it went. thanks for your help. Fabio
Hello Garyhoff Well, the day yesterday I went to check the excavator. I measured the temperature sensor R14 since pin 7 and 25 from the module A10 (load limit Governor) and the value was 1284 Ω at 20ºC. I assume it's sensor and the cables are ok, although has some difference according to the table. besides error 07041 the display shows the following errors: 09147-09783 i was told another technician changed the A10 module for a new module , therefore i rule out to be a problem in this module. you have another suggestion to solve the problem? the serial Machine is N7LB01585 year 2001. I appreciate the help you can give me regards
Does it show the fault code when you are at 20ºC ? I would suspect the sensor if it shows the fault code after being ran a while. Your sensor is in range still, the machine just thinks you are at 35ºC or so right now. I would think when you run the machine up to temp, the sensor would go out of range, or think your overheating. I have limited information on the WX series. I only have what crosses over to the CX series. The fault codes 9147, and 9783 are not in my manuals. My manuals also show the temps sender going to computer A, at pins 14, and 2. wires BW440, and BrW411. I know that for the cx series, you have to have matching software from computer A to computer B, or things don't work right. Maybe your software doesn't match for the new controller that was installed.