Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case XT75 leaking into drive train

ploth ยท 2015-03-18 22:38

Wow - have to say what an incredible forum!! To say I will be gleaning is an understatement... We've been using an old (6000hr) Case XT75 for a couple of years to try to build our own house (rammed earth). We've done a lot of work wit this machine, excavating etc and had to fix a few small issues, but nothing major... But recently it has been using a lot of hyd fluid and we haven't been able to find the leak. 1 month on and the left hand brake wouldn't release so I removed the left drive chain cover to discover 35L of hid fluid! The pin had snapped so I have two questions if anyone can help: 1) The pin is mounted to a screw thread that comes out of a cylinder. The cylinder is $380 - but is it possible to replace the thread separately? The CASE website only shows the pin and the cylinder. About 1" has snapped off so I'm wondering if it is possible to just add / wells some extra thread to it? This cylinder had been sticking (you had to reverse a little to release it) so I don't know if that is a sign of the cylinder failing or a by-product of it being suspended in fluid instead of air!! 2) Is there a common seal that goes on the front of the wheel drive motor? Again on the CASE website the seal sway they only come with the motor(!) and at $2000+ we don't have the funds for that. Any suggestions would be appreciated - I'm tempted to just empty the extra fluid every week...though that may be a little *too* dodgy - even for me!

Replies1
  1. #1ploth2015-03-18 22:43

    Sorry this should be in Compact>Skid steer - I can't find how to move it / delete it!