Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case580se fuel issue

Loaderjoe · 2024-04-06 07:04

Hi all I have a 85 580se owned for about a year, never had any issues starting, I replaced the lift pump because it was leaking fuel and ever since, if I run the machine, shut it off and try to restart within a few minutes it will just crank, I have to open the bleeder on the banjo @ the filter inlet for just a split second and it will fire right up? Also seems the longer it sits the better chance I have of it starting without having to open the bleeder ?? When I open the bleeder I get a small spit of fuel and that’s all it takes, cranks right up. Any ideas?? Thanks for any help.

Replies5
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-04-06 08:30

    Almost sounds like your fuel solenoid is weak. Need to relieve a little pressure for it to pull in. Other than that I got nothing.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2024-04-06 15:06

    Did the lines for the new lift pump have any seals.?? I’m thinking they do.. up in the nut.. u might wanna have a look.. at the least, see if u can get a turn on them.. If u have a parts manual/breakdown give it a look.. Good luck

  3. #3Loaderjoe2024-04-15 04:54

    Thanks for the response. There was a rubber washer inside the nut and I actually replaced that with a slice of fuel line because that’s all I had and it did make the problem a lot better as a matter fact I thought it was fixed but then it happened to me again the other day, I’m going to go to the dealer and try and get the correct seal

  4. #4Delmer2024-04-15 14:12

    Have you tried opening the fuel tank cap after shutting it off after running a while, to listen for vacuum?

  5. #5Loaderjoe2024-04-16 03:50

    I have not but I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.