my buddy barry rented out his cat 12 grader this past winter and the blade thing broke. the renters got the village idiot to weld up the crack. JB weld would have worked better and would have been smoother. i had one h*ll of a time air arcing out this crappy weld because there was no steel to keep the arc going. oh well. i did some nice 7018 uphand and did some MANLY 3/16 on the flat. looks alot better and a lot stronger too. will get off my soapbox now. thansk
Tidy welding there. :notworthy Looks like a bad failure? Thats a bad area for cracking Ross
Looks like a good repair. Is that the grader you had to haul backwards, half on the trailer?
thansk guys, it is a known area for cracking on the cat 12 graders which is no big wow. just weld it and keep going, LOL yes it is the grader that we towed backwards, the damage and the problems we are finding are out weighing the rental big time. plus you can't get any money out of these guys for the damage. thansk
Ouch... Does that circle have a slip clutch KoO? If so is it set up to allow circle slip on the low side of abuse?
Thats the trouble with renting them out to animals! You should post a couple pics of hauling it home.
Did you preheat the steel before you welded it ? I rarely weld anymore I phone my brother he makes his living as a welder. As for renting out equipment the local highways dept lent their Cat 14G to another area. The guys snapped the neck abusing the machine It was a older Cat grader but it was a nice machine the operator that runs it here took care of it. He was mad that the division they lent the machine too broke the machine he said it was never the same again after welding the neck back on.
:Banghead renting is a huge problem. Some poeple who cant weld shoudlnt even try. I have seen lots of chicken shoot before. I have even seen quite a bit of chicken welds on boom lifts, cranes etc ointhead
King, that welding deserves a beverage. DP
thansk guys, i had to take a few days off and drink lots of beverage because southern belle moved back south after 3 years. oh well, the north is not for everyone. thansk
Somethings are just not meant to be Any females my age group (31) are few far and between in the community I live in. Its a rural area there is no stores open 24hrs there are no clubs etc so its not exciting. Big city life for me forget it I don't like living in a concrete jungle you take a deep breath and all you smell is polution yuck
Thats a bummer! Sometimes that can be tough. Just remember to keep on keeping on.
I think that after he shaved his beard and she saw how good looking he was she figured it was just a matter of time before some rich girl would scoop him up so she got out while she still had time and control.Ron G
G,day King..sometimes the female of the species is a bit like a CAT....if it doesn't get all the maintenance that it thinks it should then it'll let you down. The beverages don't really help too much in this situation...I should know cause it took me about 4 goes before I got the maintenance formula just right Keep smiling:cool2
Condolences Hi, KoO. Please accept my sincere condolences on the recent demise of your relationship. Keep on snow-training, Mate. How's the apprentice welder coming along? I hope you are both well.
Actually, they should all be placarded:
Amen... Brother...Amen. I'm not sure that I will ever get the right maintenance formula:Banghead... This is my third go at it myself, so you would think that I would have it figured out by now but....:Banghead :Banghead
, so you would think that I would have it figured out by now but....:Banghead :Banghead They're all wired different, and I never had a diagram :beatsme DP
Wired different????????????? Hi, Folks. Don't beat yourselves up about not understanding women. Hell, they don't even understand themselves so what chance have we got? You show me a man who understands women and I'll show you a river that runs uphill sideways. LOL. I learned a long time ago that they either like me - - - or they don't like me - - - and if they don't like me, trying to change me to something they do like is futile 'cos they've already made up their mind(?) that they don't like me. So I'll just go on being who and what I am and being happy with that and they can take it or leave it. How did we get from repairing grader circles to here???????????????
Cause we care about KoO, and we've all been in his position some time or another, and we know there's no mystery to good welding, if you have the talent, and experience. Women though.... :beatsme
Sorry to hear about Southern Belle King. Thats a toughy. Keep pushin' on.:drinkup
goodl luck ko, theres other fish in the sea, sometimes very hrd to find a good one though. Esp for guys "like us" who most women say are "stinky" from sweat, diesel, oil grease, after a hard days work dont wnt to go out and club hop etc, and there aint my women out in the bonnies, but itll come one day
thansk guys, after 2 weeks off to remodel the KINGDOM with a MMANLY touch, it will be back to welding on the cat 12. have to get it ready, could snow anyday. LOL on the other BB, they told me if it has tires, tracks or ****, it will give you trouble, LOL thansk
I heard it slightly different "if it has tracks, tires or ***s, rent" I tell mine that if live to be 1000 years old, I still won't understand anything about women other than the fact that it is futile trying to.
Welding/Woman. Well about all I have to say on these two subjects; it’s not unusual for the older blades to crack out where KoO has welded his up, and that’s a good welding job. The other subject “Wo-man†is all together different….my only suggestion would be try and find a copy of this book check here and keep it with your services manuals out in the shop. That all I have…oh! And good luck KoO, sorry to hear about SB going south. Keep your chin up.
Welcome to HEF Kelly! :drinkup
Greetings, King. The above phrase sounded familiar, so I had to lend :my2c I figure it this way with women...they're a lot like a welding machine. When they're hot, they're hot, when they're not, and the wire bunches up in the tip, the gas bottle is empty before you...and..the ground clamp....my shield cracks...wait a minute. I have no idea what to tell you about women.:umno Sorry.:idontgetit
Cat 12 Welding Well looking at the weld looks good but for what I have been told you shouldn't weld wider then 3 times your rod width.Better to do multible weaves or think most wide welds are just stringers. I have been told about onder cut but have seen transformers withbad undercut that are 30 plus years old and no cracking so must be even undercut!
I'm waiting.... Richard Simmons...
is that why you see so many CAT lube trucks on the road?
you've got to remember the main difference between men and women is that we( men) feel the need to make sense when we argue, or we generally don't argue. women on the other hand ........ don't
Yup, women light a candle to give off a pleasant fragrance........and men light a match to hide an unpleasant fragrance.
my two cents on the women thing!i worked hard! owned 3 houses, built 2 brand new!after 20 years she left me to find herself! the grass had not even come up on a floor plan that took us 3 years to find!then i read years later! a women marries a guy in hopes of changing him!,and he dosnt!a guy gets married, and thinks the women will stay the same! but shesss the one who changess!!!!!!!!!!
yes counter i agree. that is why me and my cats (the diesel kind) are my best friend, LOL thansk KoO Published Author
nice kool