Anyone know how to swith the controls on a Cat 120B I just bought from excavator (cat) controls to backhoe (jd)?
It won't be a 5 minute fix, but you can do it. I did it on my 225 and on a Hitach I used to own. You need to follow forward and aft valve hoses from your right stick and forward and aft valve hoses from your left stick down and out to the first practical junction point. On the old US Cats, it is right under/behind the cab, on the EX Hitachis, its up higher in the center of the house. I believe your machine was made by Mitsubishi, but there should still be a block in a similar area. Now - here's the trick. You are only touching FOUR hoses, (believe me, don't listen to any "interwebs" speculators if they say different) Make sure you pay VERY close attention to which hose is which!! Mark them with different colored tape, if you have to - it may sound easy on the "interwebs" , but when you are all twisted up under a machine, its not. 1.Take the left forward hose and attach it to where the right forward hose used to be. 2.Take the right forward hose and attach it to where the left forward hose used to be 3.Take the left aft hose and attach it to where the right aft hose used to be. 4.Take the right aft hose and attach it to where the left aft hose used to be Once again, I can't stress to you how important it is not to confuse the hoses - do the math on possible combinations of a four-digit number, and you will see what I mean.:Banghead:bash:dizzy Remember, you can't SEE the origin of the hose when you are twisted up under the machine, that's why its good to mark them beforehand.
Ok, thanks I have no problem with mechanics, I just wanted to know if could be done without having to buy stuff. Thanks. I think it is twelve different combos.