I’m wondering exactly how this throttle setup is supposed to work. Is the pedal supposed to come back up to low idle when your foot backs off? How does the lever next to the transmission shifter work with the throttle? I’m thinking that it’s supposed to lock the throttle setting where you want it? There’s also a couple parts in the linkage underneath the operator’s platform that look and act like shocks. Can those wear out? Springs can inside? I want to put a new cable on maybe and possibly replace the shock things. Does anyone have a parts numbers for these items? The dealer basically told me to look at the website to search for the parts. I couldn’t get it to even acknowledge this old machine. Thanks for any advice.
If you want help searching for parts how about posting a machine Serial Number.? I see 3 different options, it would be nice to narrow it down a bit.
Lever beside shifter is hand throttle or govenor control. Tee bar pedal sticking up is heel operated DECEL pedal.
Yup I should know better. Serial#:61M4485.
What @sled dog said.
The things that look like shocks are indeed springs that push the pedal up. For your machine they are listed as 9D8129 which has been updated to 8W3589.. the same as our later 12G. Does this look familiar?(No19)
Yes, number 19. Thanks
Not sure about a cat, but in a champion with a stand up cab, you can work the throttle like a dozer. A lot of the older fellas used to grade standing up, and it was easier to run the fuel that way with your heel.