Moved it in today to fit a new air gauge and found the EMS Warning light did not go out after the air was up and the transmission check light is flashing. My operator obviously did not feel a need to tell me, the buzzer was not going! Any way, from the operators manual I have been able to get the following sequence which I believe? are the fault code and hours? 081 573.03 081 669.02 081 1484.03 Current Hrs 2932.9, Can anyone elaborate on the fault codes, am I reading it correctly? and what may be the problem.
081 is the MID (Module Identifier) and 573, 669 and 1484 are the CID (Component Identifier) and 02 and 03 are the FMI (Failure Mode Identifiers).......I don't know all 1500 of these off the Top of my head but if you can find the list of SIS this will help you establish the Circuits and components responsible. Good Luck.
Your slipping, much dissapointment!!
Bala, There is a cold oil transmission warning which was put on the H Series equipped with countershaft drive transmission (120 to 160). The early models (95 & 96) did not have the cold oil warning, but some got retrofitted during warranty work. The countershaft drive transmissions used jetting or orificing in the hubs to control the speed at which the clutches filled and more importantly the rate at, which they decayed. If the oil is cold and heavy during startup the machine can still move/creep when going from forward or reverse to the neutral position. If it is the cold oil warning (level II; I think) which includes the transmission gear light and the fault light, you won’t see the warning unless you engage the transmission to forward or reverse. As soon as your operator puts the trans in gear then the light would start flashing. They made some passage changes to the valve body, which helped keep it warm during periods of idle. Not sure how cold it gets there in the winter, but our smaller H Series always flash the light when you first take off in cold weather. I can’t remember the threshold at, which the warning goes out. I’m getting old and my memory is failing. I think I need a cold warning light on my forehead. Regards, Randy
MID 081 is transmision control CID573 FMI03 is the Inching Pedal position sensor - voltage above normal. CID669 FMI02 is the Transmission input speed sensor - data, intermittent, erratic, or incorrect. CID1484 FMI03 is the Inching Pedal switch - voltage above normal. If you want an Electrical Schematic plus test procedures for the above faults then PM me with an e-mail address and the machine Serial Number.
thanks for the responses and explanations, much appreciated, Nige I will PM you thanks. its winter now and the forecast temps for the week are 27c day and night, so I dont think cold oil is a problem? . the warning lights are staying on in neutral.
You have mail mate.
thank again, i will get it washed up and start looking
So thanks to Nige for sending me the wiring schematics and the test procedures for the three failure codes. Tested the Transmission input speed circuit first as it was the longest run and easy to get at. Found that one of the wires to the ECM has no continuity. So there is a problem there. I am not about to replace the loom for this, i could run a new wire. next looked at the Position sensor for the clutch pedal and found it was not plugged in, . We recently replaced the brake pedal air valve so this was obviously not plugged back in then. The warning lights are now off so major issue solved. Am I able clear the fault codes??
I'm having the same issue as soon as I turn the key with machine running I have a temp light and trans temp light. What were the test procedures and wirring schematic
You're posting on a thread that's been dormant for over 10 years. I suggest that you create a new thread, include a Serial Number and a list of what Diagnostic Codes are present on the machine
I have a 12h serial number 4xm00709 and have my transmision temp light and coolant light going off as soon as start the machine and stays on (well flashing). I rebuilt engine and trans. Wires are hooked up does anyone have a wirring diagram and test procedure. Would really appreciate the help
See my reply above. Start a new thread............ Click on this link. It contains instructions how to do that - HeavyEquipmentForums