Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 12h no gear, not moving

Criss Brock · 2023-01-05 14:28

Can place unit in any desired gear and it won’t budge. Have codes for trans selector lever and then another for Tran indicator light open circuit. The selector code is stored until activated then I get an active code. I’m guessing it’s the selector lever but needing some reassuring.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2023-01-05 14:36

    Try posting......... 1. A Serial Number. You will likely need an electrical schematic and the S/N will identify the appropriate one. 2. A list of Codes that you have, specifying for each one if it is Active or Logged.

  2. #2Criss Brock2023-01-05 14:56

    Serial- 4xm02321

  3. #3Nige2023-01-05 15:19

    Can you see what software Part Numbers you have installed, especially the power train (transmission).? See the attached Service Magazine. Troubleshooting procedures to follow.

  4. #4Nige2023-01-05 15:46

    CID764 FMI05 is the Transmission Indicator Lamp, current below normal. "FMI 05 occurs when the current through the identified circuit is below the valid range. FMI 05 most often relates to a driver circuit." Unfortunately I cannot find a troubleshooting procedure for it. CID668 FMI02 is Transmission Shift Lever, Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. The updated software is designed to address this Code. However, I would suggest checking all the electrical connections to the transmission control as a first step. I'll send you the schematic so that you can see where all the major harness connectors are located between the shifter control and the transmission ECM.

  5. #5Nige2023-01-05 16:27

    Here's the best I can find, it's for a wheel loader but the principles of the procedure are the same. You will have to relate this procedure to what you see on the electrical schematic I sent you.

  6. #6Cmark2023-01-05 19:25

    Can you get some sort of status screen up on your software?

  7. #7JaredV2023-01-05 23:23

    Our 143H wouldn't move one morning. I noticed it cranked slower than usual but still started. Turned out the alternator was bad and voltage was too low.

  8. #8Nige2023-01-09 12:27

    Any updates on this, especially if you found what Part Number of software is installed in the Transmission ECM.?