I am trying to restore my cat 16 49g and have found out that cat no longer has a decal kit, does anybody know if anybody is making aftermarket decal kits, heck i really wanted all of the small decals as well as the cat 16 ones as well, gees, i called 2 places in rock and dirt but they only have them for the 16g and newer and of course they are not the same, who has them????
I have purchased decals from Quipcal. They made custom size decals for me that were perfect replicas of factory decals I had . For some unknown reason the OEM decals that I had were to big to fit correctly on the hood panels. His prices were also reasonable. I did contact a couple of decal vendors before I purchased from Quipcal. Here is a link to their website. http://www.quipcal.com/
I use Associated Graphix. Have used them for many years, haven't had any problems, good pricing. http://www.associatedgraphix.com/ Good luck, JCS
I made a mistake thinking cat decals were still avaialble and removed all of the old ones, nobody makes a decal kit with all of the little decals that used to finish off a good paint job and freshen up job, crazy, its the same with the old d8 cats, all you can get is the easy d8k stuff as the old d8h kit is nla as well, anbody got a 16 decal kit for sale??
If you can find a grader like yours with the decals still on it, take photos and measure them. I think any decal company that does custom graphics can reproduce them. In my previous post above I mentioned that Quipcal did exactly that for my hood decals.
Well, they did email me back and told me i gave them the wrong serial number and it should have take a 16g decal set, emailed them back and said excuse me, you are incorrect, its a 16 49g and does not use the 16g decal set and that everbody gets them mixed up the 16 just has 16 in the decal not 16g and it will get me sued or cause confusion for life if i used the wrong set, its like they try to sell you a d8k decal set for a d8 h and dont get it??? LOL I sprayed just a huge 16 on it with stencils hopefully i can download some 16 pictures off of thw web and send them to them so they can see the diference, sounds like they want to make them and i am excited, does anybody know if the complete decal set for the newer 16's from cat has all of the little decals in it like for a 16m or 16g 92U??
Something you may want to try, look at machinerytrader.com or rockanddirt.com and find a machine that has new paint and decals similar to what you want. Then call the dealer offering it for sale and ask them about where they got their decals from. Best of luck, JCS
dont give up someone makes em.... http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8060355&
Some of the decals are incorrect and some are missing as well, prob had a old set of decals laying around, I could get these made but the safety, oil type, clean air cleaner daily, air pressure etc etc are no longer avaialbe in the transfer kit, saw the black and white misc decals i removed when i looked at the service manual the other night, the parts book lists the decal and its placement and you can see some of the 16's smaller decals but they are in black and white, alas, I just wonder of the 16g 93u tranfer decal kit has those smll misc decals in it and are the same as the 1 year older 16 49g??? Will try to go to Holt Cat and look thru a 16g decal transferkit and see if it has the small decals, gees, no pride in the small decals or even the whole kit from Cat anymore, all they know is no longer availble alas alas!!!!