Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 1968 d4d dozer

Ricky JOSEPH · 2021-02-14 06:47

Hi everyone, I am need of some expertise I am wanting to replace the hydraulic cylinder lift seals on my d4d dozer and having trouble locating them its a 78A1223 serial must be to old any advice?

Replies9
  1. #1Ricky JOSEPH2021-02-14 07:18

    this is what they look like and not able to locate

  2. #2Old Magnet2021-02-14 11:42

    Check Baum Hydraulics, Construction Equipment.

  3. #3Ricky JOSEPH2021-02-14 16:07

    Thanks for the chart

  4. #4Nige2021-02-14 16:17

    Here's some Cat Part Numbers that might help. Seal kits are the next-to-last column on the RH side.

  5. #5FWD2021-02-14 18:24

    1223 shows that it's made in 1963. Year doesn't make any difference for parts as everything goes by serial number. Welcome to the forum, a lot of knowledge and help here. FWD

  6. #6Ricky JOSEPH2021-02-14 19:02

    Strangely I started removing the seals and there are 4 pcs only on the inside and they’re a graphite material Now what?

  7. #7Old Magnet2021-02-14 19:56

    That sounds about right. Four packing v-rings plus seat ring. Looks like you could get 3F9609 packing only on ebay if that's all you need.

  8. #8Ricky JOSEPH2021-02-14 20:03

    That’s exactly what it is , I’ve looked all over apparently not good enough Thanks for the information really going to help

  9. #9dozr2021-02-17 14:09

    go to cat and ask for chevron packing had trouble on d5b had to get that packing sepreat and packing kit