parking brake will not release
Have you got full air pressure?
Have you had this for a while? Is this a new problem? Anything else happen recently? If it builds air pressure does it hold it with engine off? Should be a simple system to trouble shoot with enough details. How about a serial number or the first part like 79J.......
front end loader hello yes I have tested the air pressure..have replaced the air chamber pot and checked for leaks ..the release knob won"t stay depressed at all thanx for your help! Erniie..
Might be a blockage in the air supply to the brake valve or crap in the valve. It takes air pressure to hold the button in. Does it make any noise when you push the button down?
the release button will hiss a little if I hold it down but it just pops back otherwise..i will get back to you with the serial #and I will check the air press.going to the button,the button is new by the way.thanx for your help. E.
This is about the simplest parking brake system there is so I think with the proper methods finding the problem should be easy. Just a note before going too far. You do know you have to hold the release button in for a few seconds before it will build enough pressure to release the brake and build up enough back pressure to hold the button in? First off I'd run engine to build up full air pressure then shut off engine so you can hear if there is air leaking while holding down the brake release button. A little hiss when first pushed is normal. You may need to get someone to help you by holding in on the button while you listen for leaks. Other than a little sound of air flowing as brake chamber fill it should be quiet. You could disconnect the air line at the brake chamber then push the release button with full air pressure. That should give you a nice strong blast of air as long as the valve is held down. Another thing you could try is if you have a shop air compressor handy would be to hook it direct to the air chamber. Just be sure to block wheels and have bucket on ground so loader can not move. Anything over 60psi should be enough to get the chamber to move to release the brakes.
What kshansen said. It sounds to me like the brake system air pressure is too low to release the parking brake. That could be air leaks or an obstructed air line between the compressor and the reservoir, or bad valves in the air compressor. Also, I don't remember that those machines had an air pressure gauge; just a an indicator-ball-thing, on the dash panel, that indicated low air pressure. It that is true, you'll need to connect a gauge to the air reservoir to check that the system is developing full air pressure. Doing what kshansen said about using shop compressed air will quickly show you where the problem is.
The old Red/Green Eye Balls! been a few years since I saw on of them! Brings back memories of the old 988A 87A Cats and early 966B's and C's If ernie would pay air fare to and from Sitka I'd be glad to work on that 930 for room and board for the week!
Hi. thanx for the info.the loader is in a remote site from here..when I get there in a couple weeks I"ll try using the air compressor.mite be a dirt thing.it gradually started happening, when I think about it I would rev the engine some to get it to work.I love this old machine ,it"s simple and made in the U.S..E..
They are good old machines. For give me for saying this, but I think they were Japanese, made by Mitsubishi. Cat had/has(?) a common marketing venture with Mitsu. (Along time ago) I was surprised to see the 'three diamond' symbol cast on the side of the engine block in a 930. My memory may be failing, but I remember that the machine, not just the engine, was Mitsu made. PS; one I had, the valves in the air compressor leaked to where there wasn't enough air pressure, had to keep the engine speed up to keep the brake from releasing. The compressor valve pedals were a very inexpensive repair!
I"ll look for the diamond symbol .I have checked the press. at the compressor.i will look in my book for the valve pedals. thanx..E.