Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 206 Mid 80s

Catty206 ยท 2023-05-20 22:55

I acquired a 1986 Cat 206 a few months ago. It runs great and is quite powerful. I'm new to heavy equipment and this did not come with a user manual with certain mechanical locations. Anyway, I need to top off the hydraulic fluid but do not know what kind is good for this thing. Can I use anything that can be picked up at TSC Tractor supply? Second, is the fill location the large nut in the center of the hydraulic unit where the large hoses and sight glass is located?

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632023-05-21 09:21

    Yes to both questions.

  2. #2Nige2023-05-21 12:31

    The first thing I would suggest you need before running off to buy lubricants is an Operation & Maintenance Manual, aka O&MM. Post a Serial Number and I can identify the correct one for your partcular machine plus maybe give some indications where you might get one. They are not expensive, generally around $50.

  3. #3Catty2062023-05-21 16:27

    Thank you for your help. Here is a picture of the Id#

  4. #4Nige2023-05-21 17:38

    OK, so S/N is 3GC00265. The O&MM is Cat Publication reference SEBU6044. Here's a brand-new genuine one on CD for $43. https://www.ebay.com/itm/311891663088 The Parts Manual is HMBP1480. You can get one here on CD for just over $100. https://www.servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=3GC00265

  5. #5Catty2062023-05-21 19:42

    Thank you for looking that up. I appreciate the time you took.

  6. #6CM19952023-05-21 20:23

    Welcome to the Forums C206! You're in good hands with Nige.