I have a cat 215 that just stop steering it will go forward and reverse fine but when moving stick to left it still travels straight push stick all the way over and it will reverse direction. When moving stick to right nothing changes at all. I have pulled steering value off and apart nothing found wrong with it. Machine was operating fine I stop to change out bucket and when I `started it back up it would not turn (steer).
Sounds like the right track isn’t driving it is just free rolling . Try lifting each track off the ground with the bucket one at a time and see how it reacts. I think with the left track lifted and forward pedal pushed it will only spin the left track and not try to move the right.
well I did as suggested picked up left track and machine did not turn right track. So I went in to inspecting right drive motor/sprocket and found bolts sheared off at sprocket and hub. Thanks Mobiltech I would still be chasing hydraulic problem.