Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 215BLC O Ring Size

SubMech ยท 2017-08-28 14:21

Can anyone tell me if Cat machined their o ring grooves to non standard sizes? I am rebuilding a 8J8611 stick cylinder that has a gland part number 9T1068V. If I look at standardized o ring size charts the groove in the gland spigot does not seem to match anything I have seen so far. I will make the o ring I need but am n need of some enlightenment.

Replies4
  1. #1Cmark2017-08-28 17:06

    Looks like you need an 8J1688 O ring and an 8J1689 backup ring. Sizes here; https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/8J-1688 https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/8J-1689

  2. #2SubMech2017-08-29 11:44

    Attempt to post pic......

  3. #3SubMech2017-08-29 11:51

    Appreciate the reply Cmark, very helpful. With the links you provided I was able to confirm the sizes and even see price quotes (on my phone only for some reason). I will contact the local Finning dealer and inquire.

  4. #4SubMech2017-08-30 14:27

    Parts ordered. Two day delivery out of Spokane. Will not order the economy seal kit in future, I remember better when I learn the hard way. Thumbs up for HEF and Cmark !