it a 2000 cat 216 What type of antifreeze does it take? is there a online manual pdf for it? how many hours before a oil change? is there a water separator? what maintenance should be done at 2300hr? thanks for the help
Is the machine a 216, 216B, or 216B2? This is for a 216 it's the maintenance interval schedule I'm trying to pull morestuff up for you. Yes there is a water separator. On the newer machines you have to find the fuel filter and there is a drain on the bottom of the filter, turn it counter-clockwise and it will begin to drain the water and fuel out of the filter. I've never done it on a machine like yours so I'm not 100% sure on it. Hope some of this helps though. The 248B Skid we have at our shop has the Operation and Maintenance manual in a hard plastic case just to the right of the seat. Look around the cab and you might find this manual and it should have everything you need in there. The CAT manuals in the newer machines are very use freindly. http://safety.cat.com/cda/files/522747/7/216 Skid Steer Loaders-Maintenance Intervals .pdf?mode *If all else fails i guess make a trip to the dealer and see how much it would cost you for the Operation and Maintenace Manual for the machine or atleast ask some of the mechanics or guys behind the counter for the info you need.
thanks. it just a 216 i know that the antifreeze is the red/orange in color but is it the same as the cars or GM's antifreeze? thanks for all the help
I don't see why it wouldn't be. All we do is buy a 55 gallon drum of the universal antifreeze that saqys it can go in any cooling system. The stuff we get is from safety kleen and you don't have to mix it 50/50, you jus put it in as is. I don't think it would hurt anything but don't quote me for it. To be safe it wouldn't hurt to call a dealer and talk to a mechanic, any mechanics I have talked to from CAT are pretty sharp about everything and very helpful.