Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 219 LC excavator..what do you know?

Toadman1969 ยท 2015-10-23 02:18

What can anyone tell me about a cat 219 LC excavator....Are parts hard to come by...undercarriage etc? Anyone operate one much? I just kn0w they were made for the Euro market and a few over there but pretty rare in North America.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2015-10-23 03:07

    There were only a couple of thousand built in total. Engine is a 3304 so easy enough to get parts for. One of our excavator experts may be able to confirm this but I think they share a lot of parts with the 215 which was a much more common model with close to 10,000 units manufactured.

  2. #2tctractors2015-10-23 13:53

    The 219 was a well liked swinger in the U.K. the talk was it's a 215 on a 225 undercart (Carbody) but the pins in the dipper etc all seemed to be larger, I think the track chains looked very D6 size with the idlers mounted/bolted in a lot more robustly than the 215 with the long thin bolts that would often fail, as said the engine was the 3304 so no problem, they also had some nice features on the swing box like the soft swing. tctractors

  3. #3Toadman19692015-10-24 06:20

    Thanks guys...found one in very good shape but I am not familiar with it....any other info would be greatly appreciated!