Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 225 Lc serial #76U03957 Questions

Dapperdan16 ยท 2016-04-05 18:10

Hello all, just bought a Cat 225 Lc and had a couple questions, first time attaching a picture hopefully it works. so, what is the little plug looking thing to the right of the air cleaner? it has a spring loaded cap, "almost looks like a trailer plug on a pick up truck" and the other thing I have a question about is, there is a little button on the floor of the cab to the right of the seat, anyone have a clue what this is, sorry no pic of it at this time, almost looks like a high beam low beam switch, "is it?" thanks in advance for everyone's help. Sorry guys and gal's the little button on the floor of the cab is to the left of the seat not the right, just posted a picture Danny View attachment 152773 View attachment 152774

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042016-04-05 19:53

    The spring loaded cap is to put an ether capsule in. They are basically unavailable now, but you can open the cap and squirt some in from a can if need be. On a 215C, the switch that looks like a headlight dimmer is right behind the steering stick and is the horn switch. On yours: :beatsme

  2. #2DK882016-04-05 20:05

    Travel speed? Just a guess.. Not a cat guy..

  3. #3Dapperdan162016-04-05 20:16

    thanks Mitch and DK, I can't believe my manual doesn't speak of either things, were you guys able to click the other 2 photos? I'm not able to, says invalid attachment "just emailed administrator" does this engine not have glow plugs? since it has the either aid literally just got it home Sunday so haven't done any poking around yet to busy with work, I have a D4D same engine just non turbo and it does have glow plugs

  4. #4mitch5042016-04-05 20:27

    nope, that happens when something goes wrong uploading a pic, like it is too big or something. HeavyEquipmentForums It has been 26 (wow!!) years since I ran a 225, they don't have 2 speed travel. I bet it's the horn like a 215, they are very similar.

  5. #5Dapperdan162016-04-05 20:42

    I'll have to pull the plate/cover under the cab and see whats connected to the button. I used the thread Willie posted to upload photos "excellent instructions" and everything worked perfect, when I first attached them I was able to view them, about an hour later I wasn't able to, so not sure whats going on, hopefully administrator gets back to me. Crazy that you ran a 225 26 years ago, I am still amazed the machine I just bought is 33 years old, what a well built machine, seems like Cat was on it's game when this machine was built

  6. #6Cmark2016-04-05 22:13

    Yep. It's the horn switch.

  7. #7lantraxco2016-04-06 02:50

    Hell, I was hoping ejection seat....