Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 225 turbo question

Dapperdan16 ยท 2016-05-17 19:11

Does anyone know if the turbo from a Cat 225 with the 3208 engine, fits on a Cat 225 with the 3304 engine? "were the turbos the same" I found a good used turbo that came off a 3208 engine out of a 225 and wanted to buy it for a spare for my machine with the 3304. Thanks for any and all help. Danny

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2016-05-18 02:54

    Whole lot of ifs and maybes under all that. I would seriously doubt they're even close, but with some serial numbers and parts books you could gain illumination grasshopper. (If you don't viddy the reference you ain't old enuff) Backup plan: the turbos will both have a plate with the part number on it.

  2. #2Nige2016-05-18 03:15

    There is absolutely no chance that the 2 turbos are the same. Don't waste your money.

  3. #3etd66ss2016-05-18 05:46

    The 3208 turbo you found, was it just the turbo or the complete exhaust system between the manifolds and the muffler? I'm looking for those parts.

  4. #4Dapperdan162016-05-18 06:00

    Thanks for the answers, etd66ss it was just the turbo