Looking at getting a 1989 225 meter says around 10k hours but I don't think it's working so not really sure how many hours. New chains and sprockets. Starts and seems to runs good. It was painted at some point and it looks like all the glass was replaced with lexan that I guess the sun cooked and can't see out of it now. Inside the cab is wet, I'm guessing from the pedal seal leaking? How much $ and pita is that to fix? Probably some other leaks around too. Are these hard to get parts for? I'm guessing a mint one would go for 25k? This one high teens low 20s?
As the Chinaman would say - "Sum Ting Wong". 225 production ended in 1987/1988 depending on the S/N prefix. Are you by any chance talking about a 225B..? A Serial Number would help if you have it.
Ya it's a 225b lc, and is the 3208 motor. I'll get the s/n tomorrow I'm going to see it again with someone that knows a lot more than I do.
The price estimates in your OP appear to be probably a bit on the high side, maybe mid-teens to 20 tops. YMMV.
Average asking on Machinery Trader is $25,378 and change, average auction without the high and low sales is $9,860 and change. It had better be in very good condition to warrant that asking price.