Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 225 vs CAT 225 LC

etd66ss ยท 2016-04-29 08:00

What are the main differences between a CAT 225 S/N 51U2607 and a CAT 225 LC S/N 51U2257? I own a 225, and there is a 225 LC at auction this weekend that looks like a parts machine. I'm thinking about trying to get it for spare parts. I looked at the machine, it seems to be the same thing as mine, in terms of the length of the track. Both machines from the outer tangent point of the tracks measure 14'-6". Both have 30" wide shoes. I forgot to measure the track width of the machine at auction however. I know that mine is like 10f'-9" wide.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2016-04-29 09:04

    The LC machine has longer track frames, more links in the track chains, and an extra track roller IIRC. Apart from that the two machines should be as near as damnit identical.

  2. #2etd66ss2016-04-29 14:24

    Here are some pictures I just took of the 225 LC at auction: http://imgur.com/a/3o3B1 The pictures actually make the machine look better than it is. I count 10 rollers per side. Here is a pic of my 225: http://i.imgur.com/nplmykL.jpg Mine also has 10 rollers per side. So I guess I have owned this machine for 10 years and didn't know it was an LC... Anyone want to give advice on how high I should bid to get this for parts? Unfortunately this auction has online bidding too, I always get outbid by someone online who pays foolish money.