Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 226 KOBOTA SWAP

charles walton ยท 2019-08-02 22:50

Has anyone out there tried putting a KUBOTA V2203 n place of the Perkipillar 3034 ?

Replies6
  1. #1Scenicrusier2019-08-04 10:20

    I sure hope some folks out there will reply as I have great interest in this subject. Mike

  2. #2PEVO2019-08-05 11:59

    Id search the net for suppliers that fab adapters to marry different engines to trannys etc. I see ppl repowering jeeps and other small 4x4s to reto fit v2203s into them all the time. I can speak from recent experience with a v2203 repower. But to be fair it replaced a tired v1702 in my bobcat 743. So with the exception of alot of trade outs from one long block to another (minus the intake, injectors, lift pump and injector pump) in dropped in. Oh the main mount on back of engine needed redrilling to mount to the 2203 from the 1702. this also holds the starter. The v2203(non turbo) is WAY more powerful than the 1702 (36hp-vs-51hp). Also you barely bump the starter and the 2203 fires right up. These kubotas are popping up everywhere from salvaged OTR reefer units. got mine for $2k. Im in the process of repainting my bobcat ...cat yellow hence the yellow engine in pic. Its now going to be a BOB...CAT. That should mind ***k some ppl

  3. #3charles walton2019-10-22 15:30

    I am going to try and make the swap soon, I hope that someone who's already done it will chime in and tell me how easy it will be. Cat would not even so much as try to find a used block for me, there's no telling how many they have sold for scrap that I could have used.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2019-10-29 13:18

    Contact weavers compact tractor they will get you a block be much better off fixing to oem in my book anyway

  5. #5charles walton2019-11-23 21:22

    I checked with Weaver's and everywhere else that I could find and no one has a block or a used engine. I have found some 3024c for $6k+ but I don't know if they are a drop in or not, I am undecided on what to do with the machine at this point.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2019-11-24 10:40

    This may help