Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226 Skid Steer

slate ridge · 2025-04-24 15:46

Hello everyone, I have a 2000 cat to 226 skid steer. I removed the bucket joystick and replaced it with an aftermarket joystick. Unfortunately something purchased from Amazon to save money. Nevertheless the factory had four wires to control the in and out of the auxiliary hydraulic switch embedded in the joystick. The wiring on the skid steer and is one black wire, one red wire, one gray wire, and one blue wire. The aftermarket skid steer controller has two blue wires and two red wires. I've been struggling with the multimeter for days and I cannot figure out how to get this wired up. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2025-04-24 16:44

    You’ll need to post a machine Serial Number for a start. Then a photo(s) of the replacement joystick and the wiring associated with it. A photo of the wiring harness connector on the machine side would not go amiss.

  2. #2slate ridge2025-04-26 09:34

    Yes. Thanks new to the site. The serial 5FZ07708 I have also included the pictures.

  3. #3Nige2025-04-26 12:53

    Unfortunately the wiring on the machine side is not original. That much is obvious from the brown insulation covering the harness in your 2nd photo and the fact that the wire colours are different to what's shown on the schematic. The original machine harness has 6 wires although 2 of them are not connected. Therefore you are going to have to go further back to find original machine wiring. Go looking for wire colours and numbers as shown in the illustration below (2 blue, 2 brown, a green, and a purple) which is the machine side harness connector as it was originally built.

  4. #4slate ridge2025-04-27 16:51

    This is the picture of the wiring going into the connector.

  5. #5Nige2025-04-27 19:35

    Hmmmm. Looks like someone has been messing with the wiring even on that side of the connector. As I said above it should have 2 blue wires (that are actually not required), 2 browns, a green and a purple. I don't see the two browns anywhere. I'll send you the electrical schematic. Keep an eye on your message inbox.

  6. #6slate ridge2025-04-28 13:24

    Thank you very much. Greatly appreciated.

  7. #7Nige2025-04-28 13:51

    No worries. come back and let us know how it all pans out.