Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226 skidsteer stuck in rabbit mode

Will Hicks ยท 2024-02-15 20:16

Just looking for some clarification as I wait for my service manual to be delivered. I have a CAT 226 skidsteer, and I am not expert, so bear with me. 5FZ0 7599. When I bought it I was told it was a 226B, but now I think it is a 226C as the PID is CAT00226C5FZ07599 The rabbit is illuminated in the upper left corner by the warning light area. I have looked at different ways to get into the slower work mode, but haven't been able to get it to switch over. I have tried every button on the joysticks. Am I missing a combination of things I need to do? I will admit that I don't really know what a lot of the switches and buttons do. I came from old bobcat skid steers in the 80's with foot controls and just to steering/driver levers. I will receive my manual in a week or so, but would like to do some work with it and in rabbit mode it seems to not have very fine control and gets a bit hoppy when trying to scrape the erosion dirt off my driveway. Thank You

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2024-02-16 12:03

    Your machine is a 1st Generation 226, built in February 2002. If it was a 226B the Serial Number would be MJH-something, not 5FZ. There was never a 226C model. The "C" that you have in the complete 17-character PIN is a random "Check Digit" supposedly to help with preventing forged machine PINs. Only the factory know what that digit is for any specific machine.