Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 226 stopped. Will not move and hydraulics do not operate.

Ron Gherman ยท 2020-05-24 01:06

My CAT 226 stopped. Will not move and hydraulics do not operate. It is going up a hill about 20 degree angle. Engine runs fine and electric works on lights, gauges, ect... I have the manual. It is a 2003 and has worked great since I purchased it. Never had a problem until today. Thoughts?

Replies13
  1. #1Cmark2020-05-24 01:59

    Any flashing/steady lights on the display? Is the fan spinning?

  2. #2Ron Gherman2020-05-24 08:25

    No Lights- Fan is spinning.

  3. #3Ron Gherman2020-05-24 08:28

    Serial # 05FZ03911

  4. #4Steve Frazier2020-05-24 10:51

    Is hydraulic fluid at the proper level?

  5. #5Ron Gherman2020-05-24 20:28

    Fluid is at proper level it appears. Since the unit is on a hill at about 20 degrees facing up the fluid indicator is full. Not at 1/2 of indicator. I am assuming this is due to the angle and tipped back.

  6. #6Ron Gherman2020-05-26 02:40

    I was able to drag the unit down the hill to a level spot. Hydraulic fluid was higher than normal. I have drained enough fluid to bring it recommended level. Engine and electrical systems still fine but no Hydraulics still.

  7. #7Cmark2020-05-26 02:47

    No warning lights suggest the interlocks are working. Spinning fan says that the pump drive is OK. Another thought, when you turn the key on, do all the warning lights come on and then act as expected. ie. park brake light responds to the switch, armrest light comes on when you lift the armrest, etc?

  8. #8Vetech632020-05-26 07:13

    Possibly the safety lockout system. Could be either mechanical or an electrical issue. Have you checked the fuses in the panel to start off with?

  9. #9Ron Gherman2020-05-26 11:23

    Yes to all the above.

  10. #10Ron Gherman2020-05-26 11:24

    Checked the fuses and they appear to be okay.

  11. #11Cmark2020-05-26 18:16

    This is the interlock manifold. Solenoid valves 6, 7 and 8 are for park brake, transmission and implement, respectively. Each coil should have a resistance of 10.5 ohm. If that all checks out, you can apply 12v to the coil to see if the function starts working.

  12. #12Ron Gherman2020-05-27 11:12

    Thank you for your time to help! Where do I find the manifold?

  13. #13Cmark2020-05-27 16:23

    It's under the cab. LH side. (I think)