Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226b skidsteer, parking brake and seatbelt lights on (not flashing)

Shan Singh · 2022-09-01 22:49

I have a cat 226b skidsteer and after doing some work I turned it off but when I went to fire it up, it wouldn't start, I noticed the seat belt light won't turn off when I put the bar down. Note: the seatbelt light is not flashing it stays illuminated.

Replies2
  1. #1Shan Singh2022-09-01 22:52

    I was just told that no hydraulic oil was showing on the indicator on the hydraulic tank, can this cause it? Hydraulic fluid was ok on the morning inspection, there was no visible leaks on the machine when the problem occured, I also lifted the cabin to check wiring harness from the arm rest switch and didn't notice a leak.

  2. #2Baumer2022-09-04 21:43

    I would be heading to the seat switch. The seat must have pressure on it with the drawbar down to start. Without knowing what you where working on that’s all I can say to check. You can simply jump it out if you are in the seat. Maybe it got unplugged.