Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 226b2 Skidsteer Left Joystick problem

GarrettJ · 2021-04-29 20:25

Hey, I'm new to the forum, and I'm in the market to buy a skidsteer. I'm in contact with a guy a few hours away who has a 2011 226B2 with 2700hrs. Says everything on the machine operates like it should, they replaced the fuel pump and injectors 2 years ago. Sounds like everything drives appropriately, doesn't pull left or right, but it does over steer with the left joystick. From our messages back and forth it sounds like he turns left (or right) and after you return the joystick back to centre position the machine continues the action for a 1/4-1/2 second. Says in the winter it is much worse, but as the oils heat up it gets better. Any thoughts? I've done a few hours of research, seems like the joystick might have some springs, valves and o-rings, that would be sticking or causing some issues... but don't want to jump into a $10K repair. thanks in advance for any help, -Garrett

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2021-04-29 22:04

    Fuel pump and injectors under 2700 hours. Heck, I've got 7k hours on an untouched engine in my 248b. And, it's on its 5th hour meter. I absolutely would not trust the meter if it's the rectangle LCD one. As for the steer past letting go, it would be impossible to guess. Pilot valve sticking, drive pump swash plate sticking, and on and on.

  2. #2GarrettJ2021-05-01 22:27

    Well, long story short.. I went and looked at it and couldn’t really notice any major issues. The steering isn’t an issue at all. I’ve got some small touch ups and mechanical items to look at. does anyone happen to have engine torque specs and parts breakdown files?