Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 232d wiring diagram needed.

AlanC ยท 2019-02-20 05:59

Hi. I have a Cat 232d skid steer that the air con unit has stopped working. Fuses OK, filters are clean, all plugs are connected and tight. Blows air but nowhere near as cold as it used to be. Does any one have a copy of a wiring diagram for this model? I can post the serial number if required. Regards. Alan

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632019-02-20 07:21

    Have you put a/c gauges on it yet? It could be low on Freon. There would be a low pressure switch that will cut out your compressor.

  2. #2AlanC2019-02-20 08:01

    Hi. If I can get a wiring diagram I would be able to determine if it is the low pressure switch before getting an air conditioning tech to travel out to re gas the machine. Regards. Alan

  3. #3kshansen2019-02-20 15:01

    A serial number is always the best thing to post. That said beware that someone like my self with SIS access in USA may not have access for your machine. But there are a few down-under guys who may be able to help. I did look on my SIS and they only list two 232D skids one with a prefix of KXC and the other with DRP and they both appear to use the same wiring schematic so if yours is one of those you should be in luck. Click on my name over to the left and then "Start a conversation" give me a email address and I'll send it to you.

  4. #4AlanC2019-02-21 04:48

    All sorted. Kshansen sent me a wring diagram. Thanks to all.

  5. #5Paul van der Wateren2019-09-17 22:40

    Good Evening Alan and/or kshansen, i realize we are 7 months along already since you have resolved this, BUT I am working on our 2 Cat 232D units often.I too had the A/C simply stop and now have a new issue. My advanced display simply stopped working an has flutering idiot lights that stay on even when ignition is off... only way to stop is trigger the battery neg cutout switch. The A/C issue was worked around by adding a neg jumper wire to allow the compressor to just keep working, However I DO want to fix it right over the fall BUT need the wiring diagram that either of you two might be able to assist with? as for the display going wonky; I wanna fix that too. But the dealer is sending a service rep to come take a gander, plug in the computer and see what may be wrong. They are coming this week. I want to be better able to deal with the random elec gremlins that the operators keep causing. Thank you in advance guys!!

  6. #6kshansen2019-09-18 08:00

    Paul I started a "Conversation" look up at the top of the page for the forum and over to the right there is a picture of an envelop click on that and you should see my message.

  7. #7ccheek2023-08-07 09:52

    A/C not working check Freon not getting power to switches. looking for wiring diagram serial # DPR01569 thanks

  8. #8Nige2023-08-07 10:35

    Kudos for posting the Serial Number. I just sent you one. Check your messages.

  9. #9Mata2025-07-08 22:39

    Hey, is anyone able to still share the wiring diagram for a 232B skidsteer? CAT0232BHSCH02827 Thanks.

  10. #10Nige2025-07-09 04:08

    Certainly. Check your message inbox.