Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 235C Mass Excavator Questions

8V149 Detroit ยท 2018-05-23 12:11

I saw one on youtube a while back I didn't know the made ME 235's and that made me wonder, what size buckets where offered for the ME version of the 235c and what does it weigh?

Replies5
  1. #18V149 Detroit2018-05-25 13:20

    Not much info on them out there?

  2. #2Nige2018-05-25 13:44

    Very littlle information on the ME version, especially regarding boom & stick lengths although generally an ME machine has the shortest possible boom & stick combination available. With a shorter boom and stick I would guess that it weighs pretty similar to a machine with a longer boom/stick combination but with a smaller bucket. 42 tonnes appears to be the generally accepted figure. Buckets for the ME version were available in 3.0, 3.2, & 4.6 cubic yard versions.

  3. #38V149 Detroit2018-05-25 14:28

    I have be looking at the few that were for sale and there aren't many out there. Thanks for the bucket sizes I was hoping I could find one with a bucket north of 4 yards. When you say tonnes you mean metric?

  4. #4Nige2018-05-25 14:32

    Yesirree Bob. That's what tonnes are ...........

  5. #58V149 Detroit2018-05-25 15:23

    All right just double checking, thanks again for the info might come in handy in the future. There was one up for sale a while back for 10,000US because the bucket would occasionally not curl