I bought a CAT 236B skidsteer last fall. Used it to push snow this winter no issues. Been using it to clear building lot and move dirt with bucket last few months. No issues at all. I finally purchased a brush cutter and wanted to clean up so brush on another lot. I hooked it up last weekend and could not get auxiliary hydraulics to run the brush cutter. I don't have a lot of experience with skid steers so at first I thought maybe I was not properly engaging the hydraulics. Can someone please let me know if there is a combination of buttons or switches to engage the auxiliary flow. This unit has Left and Right joystick with thumbwheel. I have checked fuses but that is about as far as I have got in trouble shooting. Thanks in advance for any advice. The serial number on the Machine is CAT0236BAHEN06969 It says 236B2 on the side but not sure if its a 236B or 236B2 I have seen post that say the serial number from 6700-7000 or a mix of models.
You have an early 236B2. The 236B2 model started from S/N HEN06750. It sounds as though you don't have an Operation & Maintenance Manual. SEBU8385 is the correct one for your Serial Number. It would be useful because it contains a lot of information regarding maintenance as well as operation. It can be downloaded for $49 from Cat Publications. Attached the operator controls section of that manual.
I have downloaded a manual and now have to find some time to do some diagnostics. Anyone know of common problems beyond the fuses. The fuses are good. Thanks