Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 236B Rim change to reduce width

MGSL · 2013-03-03 16:57

looking for information on reducing the width on a CAT 236B to 60" to clean sidewalks. Can I bolt my 226B rims used to go from 67" to 60"? both machines are around 2004-5. is the machine still stable enough for the average user? (have hired guys on it)

Replies5
  1. #1durallymax2013-03-04 09:36

    Bobcat and NH use less of an offset and should bolt on. I do not know about the 10' wheels. They should hold up to the load just fine if you are just wanted to clean sidewalks. When i put the Tweels on our 262C2 it narrowed it up a good 2" on each side. Stability is still fine.

  2. #2MGSL2013-03-04 14:10

    Just talked to my CAT Service guys and they tell me that the 236B base is bigger than the 226B and there is no way of making it 60”

  3. #3Nige2013-03-04 15:43

    I think that possibly they might be feeding you a line. Last year we looked at buying a couple of 242B's which are the next size bigger than your machine that had to fit through a 63"-wide doorway or they wouldn't do the job. I am looking at documentation right now that says that the 242B can be configured to 60" or 66" overall width by changing rims & tyres. So surely whatever applies to a 242B should apply equally to a 236B ...?

  4. #4John DiMartino2013-03-17 17:50

    I have a 246, I'm pretty sure a 236 is a larger machine than a 242...the 236 has a bigger engine and more hydraulic power,as its basically a 246 without a turbo...I could be wrong,nut when i bought my machine I did a lot of research,and looked at a 242 and it was quite a bit smaller than my 246.

  5. #5MGSL2013-03-17 19:05

    Thanks John, I agree with you. The 242 is smaller than the 236B. The 236B I was looking at did have a turbo. next time I'm at the dealer I will break out a tape measure and document some specs. Snow season is just about over for this year but I want to be ready for next season with a faster more powerful machine than my 226B that will still fit on a 60" sidwalk.