New to me 236B2, I drove it in to my place and shut it down, then tried to restart a few hours later. When I turn the key to start all I can hear is some kind of humming sound back there. It does not respond to a jump start. I'm ignorant about this loader and don't even have an owners manual yet. Is there some kind of lockout besides the restraint and the seat switch? I don't know what all these buttons and switches are on this thing, nothing is marked in English. Is there something that needs to be switched on or off before it will start? When I turn the key to the on position, six idiot lights come on to my upper left. None of the idiot lights on the upper right glow. After a couple seconds 3 of the lights will turn off, leaving the "P" the teardrop and the restraint on, the latter of which blinks. Also I hear a beeping with the key on. Then when I turn it to start position those conditions remain the same. Is that what it's supposed to do?
Something in the lockout system must not be working properly. I'm not certain about the B series, but in the original series there's a sensor in the seat that requires some weight be in the seat (such as a body) and the restraint bar must be lowered all the way. I've had cases in the winter where I've worn padded pants that I had to hold the bar down while starting because the padding was just thick enough to trip the safety switch. If the bar is touching your legs this could be your problem. The beeping is low oil pressure, should stop once the engine is started.
Thanks, Steve. I tried slamming the restraint bar down several times and going up and down on the seat but nothing seems to help. I was thinking of trying to bypass those switches but I was thinking they probably have some kind of resistor to keep me from doing that. Does this loader have a fuse box somewhere?
We had this once before I think. Machine security system only programmed to start at certain times..? I'm too far away at the moment to check out the operator manual online. Maybe someone else can tell you if what's happening to your machine is what its supposed to do or not.
Nothing is too far fetched when it comes to electronic gadgetry. I tried to start it again this morning to no avail. This is a high hour machine I bought for my own use on my own property and the previous owner was in the same boat. I doubt he would have known how or wanted to program it that way, but some computer glitch might have defaulted it back to a previous setting. It would be nice to find the thread in which this issue was discussed before.