Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 242 mini loader Joystick problem

andrew80 ยท 2013-02-07 06:51

Hello guys We have this CAT mini loader and it has a problem with the right joystick. When moving and turning left, it doesn't respond immediately but after 3 seconds. What do you guys suggest for changing parts?

Replies2
  1. #1RTSmith2013-02-10 21:03

    I have a Cat 242. Here in the States we call them Skid Steer loaders. I can't help with your issues, but if you can repost or move this to the skid steer section I would think more folks that can help will see it.

  2. #2bullfrogjohnson2013-02-28 22:58

    The resolvers in the pilot valve located below the joystick are sticking. Its a known issue with those machines. You have two options. Tear down the pilot valve and replace all 4 resolvers at 100 bucks a piece or replace the whole valve for around 500.