Just bought a used backhoe attachment for a project, and will all the safety garbage on these newer machines, I cannot get the hydraulics to stay engaged. I have the door bypass plug installed, but as soon as there is no pressure in the operators seat, the hydraulics kick out. Anyone have any tricks to bypassing all the safety devices to allow the hydraulics to be active with nobody in the seat? Thanks
Why would you want that situation? You "SHOULD" be in operators seat when running hoe. Safety systems are your friend, despite what you may think. Getting maimed, run over, or worse, is exactly what manufactures want to prevent.
That’s not what I asked. Reread my question. If you don’t have an answer then don’t respond.
New guy, As professionals, we don’t generally tell neubies how to disable safety features or how to delete emission controls. If you can’t figure out how to bypass your own stuff , it’s not fair to ask us and then get snippy about it. Knowwhatimsayin? I’m all for freedom. If you ain’t livin’ on the edge, you are taking up too much space. You do you, bou. Disable all the things.
First off, I’m new to the forum, not new to this industry. I thought I would ask a simple question to save some time. Wasn’t looking for a lecture on why I shouldn’t do something. And by the way, I did figure it out. Remember the old phrase “ if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all”? I treat forums the same way. If I can’t offer any advice or provide an answer that directly relates to someone’s question, I don’t respond. If I got a bit snippy, I apologize.
You guys need to remember....a skidsteer backhoe is operated from a seperate seat... Ed
I'm sorry I disagree. There are plenty of "smart" skid-steer backhoe attachments these days that are operated from within the cab of the machine. Maybe the OP's one is not one of them. I think the issue is one of perception. When the OP wrote "all the safety garbage on these newer machines" and "Anyone have any tricks to bypassing all the safety devices" it occurs to me that the perception of those who responded was that he was looking to permanently disable said safety devices. Had he written something along the lines of "my skid steer backhoe attachment is operated from outside the cab. How can I keep the machine hydraulics engaged when no-one is sitting in the operator's seat.?" it might have generated more helpful responses. I can only echo the thoughts of those who posted above that as professionals here on HEF the bypassing of safety or legally-mandated emissions devices is generally not advocated other than for the purpose of diagnostics & testing of euipment.
It is not perception. You assumed. You know what happens when you assume. As I stated earlier, if people can’t offer input based on the question asked, then don’t respond at all. I’m done with this place
Sorry I disagree. Your OP used words that suggested you were not a fit & proper person to be allowed anywhere near a machine. the responses you received were not surprising under the circumstances. Don't let the door hit you on the way out..........
Your reference to saftey equipment as garbage, gave me the impression you were inexperienced. As long as you’re aware of what you’re doing, knock yourself out. No pun intended.