i have recently purchased a Cat 246, serial number 5zs00383. Unsure of the year. I'm having a couple issues. First it seems that the Parking brake won't set. The switch just keep flashing, If i turn the machine off then turn it back on the light will stay on steady until i push the button then it will start blinking. I'm also unable to get the Aux connections to work. I have tried the sequence many times with no luck. My thoughts are that the issue with the parking brake is whats not allowing the Aux hydraulics to work. When i lifted the cab i have found some wires cut and others pieced together. I've been trying to locate a wiring diagram for the machine. Hydraulic fluid is good, Looks like the previous owner has changed all the Coils, Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You don't need a year if you have the Serial Number (which frankly is far more use to obtain parts & service information) but in case you're interested your machine was manufactured on 10th Sept 1999. I've sent you a copy of the electrical schematic.
Thanks Nige!! I was hoping you'd see this. Your help got me back on track with my 248.
Hello, I am having an issue with the aux hydraulics working on my 2003 CAT 246. The RH joystick gas the 2 buttons on top. I looked at the 4 prong connector and the previous owner had the 4 wires cut. I spliced them back together but I dont get no engine bog down when pressing the buttons. I’m guessing those wires go from the push buttons then to the ECM then to some selenoids somewhere? Would love to get a copy of the wiring diagram. Thanks
Serial Number please.
Check your PMs. The electrical schematic for your machine is dfieerent to the guy above because of S/No. Yours is much higher than his, machines above 4000 have a different schematic.
Thank you very much!!! You are so nice for doing this. Much appreciate it.
Again I highly appreciate you taking the time to provide me this information! Would you happen to have the hydraulic schematic as well? Thank you kindly, Bob
Check your inbox.