Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 246 ecu work in a Cat 267b?

lonelyowl7 · 2023-06-29 13:35

Hey, I have a 267b with a bad interlock ecu, found a used 246 ecu, same part number. Just wondering if it would be plug and play, or if it would need programming, or just not work all together. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2023-06-29 14:11

    154-4233.? That control is not flashable (software is built-in) and it fits a number of machine models. Hopefully someone else can confirm but as far as I can see it’s plug & play.

  2. #2lonelyowl72023-06-29 14:20

    Oh cool, somewhere I thought it said they needed programming. Thanks!

  3. #3Nige2023-06-29 15:19

    If you look at the electrical schematic there are no Datalink wires connected to the Interlock ECM, therefore it’s not flashable using ET - externally at least. Added to that the 154-4233 is still a current Part Number. It has never been replaced.