Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 246 Skid Steer drive motor seal kit

CAT 246 ยท 2014-07-27 19:05

Hi, I am looking for a drive motor seal kit for a CAT 246. Checked with CAT it is almost 600.00 that is to much for just a seal kit. Anyone here that might own a shop and have a connection for parts? This is a Rexroth unit. Joseph

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-27 22:19

    Got a CAT part number for the seal kit? Any Rexroth model numbers on the motor tag? Rex is German ya know, and the price is set accordingly! Also it may be a CAT specific model that CAT holds propietary rights to, it happens.

  2. #2CAT 2462014-07-27 22:35

    Yes, I have a CAT number for the seal kit its 268-1924. Also I sent you a message for further information.

  3. #3Nige2014-07-28 10:02

    It's a Rexroth-manufactured motor but proprietary to Cat. A Rexroth dealer couldn't sell you the seal kit even if they wanted to. $600 is a bit much though, it shows as $460 to me.

  4. #4CAT 2462014-07-28 12:27

    Well what I am trying to do is get a seal kit that is from Rexroth and use that, I think that will be far cheaper than dealing with CAT directly. I have a few sources right now I am checking with. I had it start leaking past the seals and caused all this, im going for just a seal kit right now and try that before going deeper its completly apart and looks very nice inside. This looks like a standard MCR5 drive, I doubt CAT changed anything inside might have however. Yes 460 that is still alot for some seal rings and o-rings.

  5. #5DirtCrawler2014-07-30 20:29

    Im curious does anybody know what a drive motor seal kit for a bobcat (identical size machine to the Cat246) would cost in comparison to the Cat. Thanks

  6. #6mikebramel2014-07-30 21:43

    Genuine Rexroths kits are as much as $3-400 with 2-6 week lead