Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 246B skidsteer no power at solenoid valves

Bajanguy1 ยท 2022-12-03 00:35

Hey guys I've got no power to any of my solenoid valves, so no hydraulic functions at all when the machine is running. This is after being out of commission for about 2years . I ran a direct 12 volts to the joy sticks solenoid and was able to tilt and lift and also little travel . My question is can I power up all the solenoid valves with direct current bypassing the ecm or would that damage the hydraulic control valves? It seems to me the wires for the solenoids are all some how grounded to the frame n shorting but I can't find where exactly on the harness it is .

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2022-12-03 04:32

    Post a Serial Number and you're welcome to an electrical schematic. Don't go bypassing the ECM. All sorts of bad things can happen. Is there any chance that water/condensation has entered the ECM connectors.? Try opening them up and clean with contact cleaner then dry them. See where that gets you.

  2. #2Bajanguy12022-12-03 07:39

    Hey nige thanks ..the serial number is CAT0246BCPAT02843

  3. #3Bajanguy12022-12-03 08:00

    Also where exactly would the ecm that powers up the solenoids be if I'm sitting in the machine, would it be on the right or left side ?

  4. #4Nige2022-12-03 08:17

    Check your messages. You have incoming. The Operator Interlock ECM is on your left as you sit in the seat, but honestly I would remove both it and the Aux Hydraulic ECM and make sure the connections are clean and that the ECMs themselves are dry. In the location down on the floor they usually get contaminated with mud/dirt even if the machine has an enclosed cab.

  5. #5Bajanguy12022-12-03 08:39

    Thanks I'll take the ecm out today and there's definitely gonna be mud and old oil from leaks over the years since the machine cab was up I suspect rain water must be a factor as well but I'll give her a power wash today n check the ecm. I'll keep u updated.

  6. #6Nige2022-12-03 08:48

    I would suggest to pull the ECMs first. They don't like being directly pressure washed.