I was trying to change over from a bucket to pallet forks today and the pin on the right side will not go all the way up. The best i can get is 3/4 of the way. I looked over the pin, greased everything, checked for a bent or damaged cylinder, or anything out of the ordinary. I was able to get the bucket off and i cant see where there is a problem. Would there be a possibility of air keeping the cylinder from closing all the way? I also tried to hold the retract button and push the pin up with a pry bar. It will not go any farther. Any ideas?
The only time I have ever had trouble with my quick-tach has been due to a lack of grease on the locking pin. Are you sure you got grease in there when you greased it? Did you keep activating it to spread the grease around? Maybe try soaking the pin area with penetrating oil. Next suggestion would be to dis-engage the hydraulic ram (you did not specify hydraulic quick-tach but you infered when you mentioned air in the cylinder) and activate the pin manually. Maybe you should measure how far the cylinder travels before and after you remove it from the pin levers.
Thats good advice. I did disconnect the cylinder and push the pin manually to make sure it wasnt catching. It didnt occur to me to operate the cylinder disconnected from the pin, i was in a hurry trying to get done for the day. I am positive the pin is moving freely and the armature that locks it in place is free and undamaged.