Hey there!! lots of great information here however I can not seem to find anyone that has asked about removing the injection pump on a cat 2.2. I had a fuel leak around the delivery valves so I removed them and put new o rings on them. I fixed the fuel leak but now it wants to run away and not shut off with the key. I did originally try to remove the pump, I thought i could undo the 5 or 6 bolts and the assembly would slide up however I was wrong. I am assuming the pin or govener is out of place now? My real question is how do i remove the zexel injection pump?
Try posting a machine Serial Number. Someone will be able to look up the removal procedure.
CAT0247BAMTL00589
I don't have access right now, but, IIRC, the stop solenoid has to be out before lifting the top of the pump.
Hey thanks for the quick reply I had the solenoid removed and it comes up about 3/4” and than stops it feels like there is something on the front holding it up
On the side of the block toward the engine theres a slot in the gasket surface the pin for the fuel rack has to come up though there at that poimt youll have to pull the hair pin out of the rack pin and then slide the linkage off it then it will come out
Sounds good I’ll go out and have a look at it now
Alrighty I got the pump out inspected reinstalled When I start it now it goes wide open throttle and will not shut off with the key, I have to open the fuel lines to kill it What did I screw up when I had the delivery valves out lol
The 1st half of this document. https://www.ebooklibonline.com/onlinepages/SM-Caterpillar%20Cat%20C2.2%20Industrial%20Engine%20C4M00001.pdf
Great thanks for the link to the r and r manual Any idea what I could have messed up in the pump? It ran fine when I brought it in, was just trying to fix a couple o ring leaks
THAnks to those who have been helping My cat 2.2 now starts and runs but bellows black smoke unless I crack the number three injection line I have switched delivery valves with #2 and same problem stays with number 3
Cracking the line on #3 stops the injection in that cylinder. Changing the delivery valve to another cylinder and still having the black smoke points to the pump of number 3 cylinder or something in the cylinder which I doubt. Could the timing of number 3 be out in the pumping section, that is what I would be inclined to recheck. Simon C
Thanks for the second opinions, I pulled the pump apart and when I removed the delivery valve I must have moved the plunger as it was out 2 teeth.