Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 247B alarm

Twistedmetal · 2024-09-29 07:09

You all were so much help with the PM info so here is my new issue. I was woken up to the Cat horn blasting. this was not the normal horn beep but ear piercing loud. The machine starts/operates fine. Looked through all the books I have on it and found nothing about any antitheft installed on the machine. first time this happened I disconnected battery then rehooked a couple hours later all fine till next morning when it was blasting again. this time cutting power did not shut it off. View attachment 322019

Replies3
  1. #1Twistedmetal2024-09-30 21:48

    2002 Cat 247b S/N MTL01188 forgot to add this to post. Question is what could cause this alarm horn if not antitheft? 20 plus years with this machine in the family have never heard it before.

  2. #2Nige2024-10-01 06:43

    Rodent infestation resulting in a short circuit.? The anti-theft system (if equipped) on a machine such as yours inhibits starting the engine, does set off a horn.

  3. #3Nige2024-10-02 03:59

    I meant to write “it does NOT set off a horn”. My apologies.